The RequirementsTo be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- At least 10-20 years of recent commercial tenant improvement, project management, and construction experience.
- Prior experience involving coordination of Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, and Engineered trades and disciplines is required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to build strong relationships with a variety of high-profile contacts and clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, and MS Project; experience with Sage100 / Timberline is preferred.
- Familiarity with plan reading, scheduling, profit forecasting, analyzing subcontractor bids, qualifying project scope, budget estimating, and preparing bids.
- Knowledge and the ability to be able to prepare the following: lump sum, guaranteed maximum price, unit cost, and design build proposals by required deadlines.
- An understanding of construction law, building codes, lien laws, subcontractor terms and conditions and other general contracting regulations.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- An existing book of business and strong industry relationships will be an advantage.
The RoleReporting to the Director of Operations, as the Senior Project Manager you will hold 100% complete full project responsibility for all areas of Construction and Construction Management. You’ll leverage your expertise to work on multiple large scale projects and accounts involving complex scheduling and/or project valuations of more than $1 million. This is a visible, high-impact role and you will work with high profile clients, architects, engineers, subcontractors, commercial real estate brokers, property managers and owners, landlords, and municipal agencies having jurisdiction through all phases of construction project. You will be involved in all aspects of the project lifecycle including budget estimating, preparing bids, plan reading, scheduling, profit forecasting, analyzing subcontractor bids, and qualifying project scope. You can expect to work on approximately 4-10 projects at any given time.
Your primary mission will be to provide the highest level of service and quality, implementing all members of the construction team starting with pre-construction services, throughout actual construction, and finishing with successful project close out.
More specifically, you will:
- Identify, market to, and cultivate new clients and projects.
- Assist in training subordinates.
- Work with a Project Manager and/or Assitant Project Manager in overseeing duties and responsibilities.
- Meet or exceed billing goals established by the CEO and DOC.
- Manage pre-construction services including project coordination, value engineering, estimating, bidding and scheduling.
- Oversee project scheduling, scheduling updates, schedule management and documentation.
- Manage project quality control and quality assurance to ensure that construction meets or exceeds the plans, specifications, codes, and approved shop drawings
- Award and issue accurate, complete, cost-effective, and timely subcontracts.
- Review and determine payment invoices and insure timely and complete payment.
- Handle change order estimating, tracking and commitments.
- You’ll also be responsible for:
- Project documentation, correspondence, paperwork, shop drawings, submittals, etc.
- Project communication, meetings and coordination
- Project start-up and close-out
- Relationships and image
- Project safety
- Open communication with management
What's in It for YouStrong growth initiative -- with strong support from our senior leadership, we are re-engineering the way we do business and focusing on Casco’s growth. You’ll be joining a company that is stable, healthy and performing well. We're already generating momentum, making this an ideal time to launch your career with us.
Community involvement -- in addition to participating in Habitat for Humanity and other philanthropic causes, Casco is proud to be a part of several national organizations that support women in business.
Great environment -- we enjoy a close-knit family feeling and we take a modern approach to our work. Our contemporary style is demonstrated through our beautiful, carefully-executed design work. People like working at Casco, as evidenced by a large number of long-tenured employees.
Dynamic service offerings -- our general contracting and architectural services are the foundation for Casco, and our design services really set us apart. We are recognized as one of the few firms to truly offer design build services, giving you the best of both worlds—great ideas backed up by the experience necessary for precise execution.
Excellent compensation -- in addition to a competitive wage, we offer comprehensive benefits.
Pictured: Casco is proud to be a member of the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council, The National Women Business Owners Corporation, and other organizations that support businesses owned and controlled by women.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will be excellent at multitasking and prioritization. It’s safe to say that this is a fast-paced, dynamic role where you’ll need to juggle a lot of balls at once. You’ll coordinate with a variety of key stakeholders including subcontractors, project coordinators, major clients and many more. This is a competitive environment and you’ll also need to be well-versed at bidding jobs and building relationships with our most important customers.
The ideal candidate will bring sound technical knowledge to the table and an in-depth understanding of the industry combined with successful project management skills.
Additionally, to be an outstanding Senior Project Manager you will meet or exceed the project goals and objectives of:
- Customer satisfaction
About UsEstablished to meet founder Cheryl Osborn's vision for consistent excellence in tenant improvement, Casco Contractors provides companies with the ability to transform their ideas into an actionable plan, with extraordinary attention to detail and exceptional results.
Casco represents a new era of quality workmanship - our management, architects and builders are dedicated to world class quality and service, as well as fostering a collaborative environment. We believe each project is unique, and worthy of special attention. We're contractors first and foremost, but we're also designers and innovators.
Our advantage is threefold: our unique business model, our collaborative effort and the skilled team who turns your plan into a reality.
We are dedicated to the highest quality of customer service, delivered with a superior construction process that facilitates quality, safety and teamwork for our clients, architects, engineers, employees and subcontractors alike.
Our ultimate goal is to provide an optimal environment where tenants are productive and succeed.
We set the standard for others to follow.
We exist to uphold a working culture promoting opportunity, life balance, pride and integrity.
We are “Committed to Building it Better."
Pictured: We are committed to our core values.